Having an impacted tooth (in other words, teeth buried in the bone) is one of the most difficult situations you have to face as a dental patient. Seeking to relieve the pain and discomfort of this situation? Look no further than East Brainerd Oral Surgery. For impacted wisdom teeth, Dalton, GA trusts us.
Impacted teeth are a very common problem. As a matter of fact, almost 80% of the world’s population faces this condition at some point. Regardless of how fast the growing pace of the whole body is, the jaws usually lag behind. As a result, the final tooth in the jaw (the wisdom tooth) has no place to appear in the mouth. Therefore, it can remain buried in the bone beneath the gums.
For Impacted Wisdom Teeth, Dalton, GA Oral Surgeons Follow These Steps
- A small cut is made in the gums to expose the bone and the tooth underneath it
- A drill is used to remove all or part of the bone that covers the tooth, making way for the surgeon to access and remove the tooth.
- The tooth is then segmented into 2 or more parts, and each part is removed separately
- The wound is cleaned and all the debris is removed, and any sharp bony projections are smoothed out
- Stitches are used to close the cut in the gums, and will either dissolve or be removed about a week later
Expect some pain and swelling as you recover from surgery. But nothing like the pain that would follow if you didn’t address the problem.
Don’t let your impacted wisdom teeth bother you any longer. Schedule an appointment for a consultation with the oral surgeons for impacted wisdom teeth Dalton, GA trusts.