The most common problem for wisdom teeth is impaction. In other words, sometimes teeth become partially or totally buried inside the bone. What does that mean for you? Well, you may need help from an oral surgeon for impacted wisdom teeth Hixson TN patients trust.
The wisdom tooth is the last tooth to appear in the mouth. For that reason, it often finds no place to appear. As a result, it remains buried inside the bone. However, some people may feel no pain or any other symptoms, and the tooth may cause no problems indefinitely. But when a problem happens, make sure to schedule a removal surgery as soon as you can.
Here is how the procedure would go in the hands of an oral surgeon for impacted wisdom teeth Hixson TN patients trust:
- After numbing the area, we attempt to gain access and visibility to the tooth by making a small cut in the gums. Then, we remove the bone covering it by using a dental drill.
- Next, we break the tooth into two or more parts as needed. We remove each part separately, simplifying the process.
- Then, we clean the wound of debris and bone and teeth fragments.
- Two or three stitches close the wound. Some stitches dissolve on their own. Any stitches made from non-soluble material will be removed by the surgeon within the following week.
- A bit of pain and mild swelling is expected. Pain killers and cold compresses are recommended.
Enduring this surgery is far better than waiting for further complications to happen. You want to avoid jaw pain and periodontal disease of the neighboring tooth. For that reason, don’t wait! Schedule your appointment with the oral surgeon for impacted wisdom teeth Hixson TN patients trust.