The preparation of your mouth before the placement of a prosthesis is referred to as pre-prosthetic surgery.
Some patients require minor oral surgical procedures before receiving a partial or complete denture, in order to ensure the maximum level of comfort. A denture sits on the bone ridge, so it is very important that the bone is the proper shape and size. If a tooth needs to be extracted, the underlying bone might be left sharp and uneven. For the best fit of a denture, the bone might need to be smoothed out or reshaped. Occasionally, excess bone would need to be removed prior to denture insertion.
One or more of the following procedures might need to be performed in order to prepare your mouth for a denture:
- Bone smoothing and reshaping
- Removal of excess bone
- Bone ridge reduction
- Removal of excess gum tissue
- Exposure of impacted teeth
Deep Teeth Whitening – Linda Mayers
This is the term used when combining one or more dental treatments to enhance the appearance of your smile.
- In-chair teeth whitening generally involves the application of a whitening.
- Take-home teeth whitening requires a set of custom made trays to fit your teeth.
- Factors such as smoking, poor oral hygiene and diet can affect the longevity of the results.
Five crowns within 48 hours with Salma Kingston
Crowns are needed when a tooth has a significant amount of structural damage and a normal filling would not be adequate.
- Heavily filled teeth that have broken or that are likely to break in the near future.
- Teeth with old amalgam fillings often crack around the filling causing pain when chewing.