An impacted wisdom tooth is one of the most common conditions that require oral surgery. Impacted teeth affect almost 80% of the world’s population. For that reason, dentists and oral surgeons encounter them almost every day. So, if you’ve been diagnosed with an impacted wisdom tooth, you’re wise to seek the help of an experienced oral surgeon. For wisdom tooth surgery Fort Oglethorpe patients trust, look no further than East Brainerd Oral Surgery. Our doctors have the expertise you need.
Wisdom Tooth Surgery Fort Oglethorpe Trusts
Here’s how our oral surgeons perform wisdom tooth surgery Fort Oglethorpe patients benefit from:
- We introduce a local anesthetic so your teeth and gums don’t feel any pain during the process.
- Next, we make a small cut in the gums to expose the buried tooth.
- Once visible, a small amount of the bone over the tooth is removed, clearing a path for full removal of the buried tooth.
- In some cases when the tooth is wrongly oriented, the surgeon will attempt to segment the tooth into multiple small pieces to make the extraction less invasive.
- Then we smooth out the rough bone surfaces and irrigate the wound a with warm saline solution.
- Finally, we close the wound with a few stitches that are removed about a week later (except when we use dissolvable stitches).
As for aftercare, the situation is quite simple to handle. Some manageable pain is expected. In addition, some patients experience numbness that may last for a few days before subsiding on its own. All things considered, the procedure should go smoothly at the hands of our experts.
So, don’t wait around while your wisdom tooth pain persists. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our surgeons.